Mozilla Jetpack: Firefox Extensions with Added Thrust: „Jetpack is a new experimental project from Mozilla that could revolutionize how Firefox browser extensions are built and deployed.
Jetpack’s primary aim is to make extension development and delivery even easier:
- Extensions will be streamed and accessed from a URL.
- You can develop code directly in the browser using Bespin.
- Installation and debugging is handled without restarting and uses common tools such as Firebug.
- A lightweight and versioned API is provided.
- An extendable set of toolkits and API libraries such as jQuery, Google Maps, Twitter and Delicious will be available.
- An about:jetpack page shows installed extensions, source code, memory use and other useful tools.
Jetpack is available as a standard Firefox add-on which can be installed from the project page.
(Via SitePoint Blogs.)